The PME Professional Diploma course at Cakes Etcetera is a course formulated of 3 parts comprising three modules and in order to be awarded the full PME Professional Diploma Masters Certificate you will need to complete all 3 modules in:
- Royal Icing
- Sugar Flowers
We are running all 3 modules as part of our course schedule with each module having 30 hours of tuition (the required minimum being 25 hours tutorial time). With the completion of each module a PME Certificate will be awarded and once you have completed all 3 modules you will be receive your PME Professional Diploma Masters Certificate. This is an internationally recognised award. Please note that full tutorial time must be completed with work to an acceptable level to be eligible for the award.
All students will receive a course book to accompany their chosen module. This includes a “Professional Business Approach” section aimed to help anyone interested in starting up their own cake decorating business. This book is only available to individuals participating in the PME course.
Sheila McLaughlin has been trained and approved exclusively by PME and holds a PME Professional Diploma Teacher Training Certificate as well as also holding a City and Guilds Adult Education Teachers Certificate (Level 2).
Our small class sizes have a maximum of 12 students.
Each module is to include the following criteria with many added “Cakes Etcetera” additions, hints and tips.
- Basic Sugarpaste Techniques
- Coating, Crimping & Embossing
- Fabric Effects, Textured Drapes, Frills & Ribbons
- Bows & Sugar Embroidery
- Modelling Fun Figures
- Textures, Inlay & Applique?
- Basic Cake Carving/novelty cake
- Stacked Cake, Design & Handling
- Designing Celebration Cakes & Colour Balance
- Basic Business Guidelines
- Copyright & License
Royal Icing & Piping Module
- Basic Techniques
- Coating, Templates & Scroll Borders
- Runout/ Colourflow Collars & Motifs
- Extension Borders & Lace Designs
- Brush Embroidery
- Cake Balance & Multi Tiered Cakes
- Packaging, Transport & Delivery Costs
- Pricing Guidelines
- Delivery charges
- Assembly & Presentation
Sugar Flowers Module
- Basic Techniques
- Unwired & Wired Flowers
- Fantasy Flowers, Roses, Orchids, Lilies, Cherry Blossom, Gerbera,
- Chrysanthemums, Freesia, Dahlia, Garden Pinks, Black Berries (flowers may vary)
- Seasonal Flowers
- Alternatives to sugar flowers
- Arranging sugar flowers
- Decorating cake stands & knifes
- Costing & Pricing
All ingredients and equipment are extra to the course price but available from our shop at a discounted price.
Skill level: We require you to have some basic knowledge.
Where: classes are held in “The Cake Cabin” at Toton: Classroom at Cakes Etcetera, 1 Chapel Street, Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire, NG10 1EQ
Time: 6:00 – 9:00pm
Cost: £352 (inc VAT, Per Module) (for Tuition, Course Booklet and Certificate). Compulsory Course Kit £40.00
I would like to announce the new dates for the next intake of PME Diploma Courses
5th April – 7th June 2016
£352.00 including VAT and compulsory course kit.
For further details or to discuss any requirements please contact Sheila on-
Tel 0115 9727737 or
Email email@example.com or
Call in to Cakes Etcetera at 1 Chapel Street, Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire, NG10 1EQ